Saturday, August 16, 2008

Week 15

I'm always reminded on these trips back home of what is real and what we produce and what we look like as Americans. I feel pretty Japanese here and I love going home to what seems like a distant reality. Not all blonde hair, blue eyes, tall or well built. Just normal people and same old places. So I thought I post this book by Martin Parr and John Gossage. Check it out. I'll post another one of my favorite American themed photo books by Alec Soth next week.



The 10 days spent in the U.S. for our party were nice, but we barely had time to take pics of our event there let alone relax. We had a good time despite our busy schedule and I did manage to get a few keepers of Wisconsin though. On the sofa with Poochie, Takeaki taking pics and a couple strolling through Madison on a seemingly hot day. I even accidentally opened the camera before rewinding this roll. Lucky me.






I took the following week's images at the end of our week in Wisconsin after all was said and done. I tried a few different angles and ideas in attempt to capture what the week involved, but from an aftermath and somewhat exhausted perspective. You will see what I mean in the next few posts. Everyone else caught the festivities on their cameras anyway. Thanks for the great shots everyone.

All photos are the property of Tyler Ensrude at
www.tylerensrude.com

No comments: