Sunday, November 16, 2008

Week 30

The Bike Police

I really don't like these guys. They wander around, tapping the shoulders of people parking in front of croweded shopping malls, moving your bike you parked in front of the convenience store for 5 minutes. I guess it's their job, and I guess there are a lot of bikes blocking the sidewalks, but I still don't like 'em.

I thought I'd take some pics of one this week. This guy was pacing in front of the gate of a shirne. He kept coming into my frame at balanced sections of the gate. I was on the inside of the gate so I felt a bit like a prisoner taking advantage of a distracted security gaurd. Timing my shots, watching his every move.

I liked the idea of documenting a worker of a specific kind, so I chose this book by Junko Takahashi this week. An intersting and comical look at the typical Japanese receptionist.




No comments: