Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week 50

The Importance of Timing

You can take 24 shots of a rock or a tree or whatever and call it art and that's fine (art). I do that occasionally. It's good for your perspective I think and some people are extremely good at it.

Or you can look at the world as it's passing you by and try to stop it in mid stride. I love timing and decisive moments in photography, but they are so hard to get. Ikko Narahara is one of my favorites from Japan. You can't beat his timing. I tried to do something with timing this week, but it's hard to do discretely and still come up with something worth showing...

I may have already shown this book, but it's worth showing twice. I may have even written about timing, but that's how dang important it is!






I believe this was an old woman...


A woman having lunch with her dog and snapping a quick phone pic....


All photos are the property of Tyler Ensrude at
www.tylerensrude.com

No comments: